There is no doubt about it, burgundy is the new black this Fall. From evening clutches to daytime carryalls, it’s the new color crush. For those used to navy and black, burgundy is a good color to try. It looks great on most complexions and blends seamlessly into any wardrobe.
Also gracing the covers are Selena Gomez (Teen Vogue), Jennifer Lopez (In Style), Penelope Cruz (W), Jessica Chastain (Vanity Fair), and Lucy Hale (Cosmopolitan).
This was without a doubt my favorite couture collection of the seasons–I simply love every garmet that came down the runway. I can’t get over how intricate and delicate each and every garmet is. The gowns were all Turkish-inspired garmets that were intricately embroidered and heavily beaded, yet they all still managed to look as light as air when they came down the runway. All of the looks were high glamor as Saab said that he focused on “onfusing the collection with imperial splendor”. The almost ephemeral quality of many of these dresses came from their materials: sheer fabrics, which adorned rich embellishments, such as Ottoman Empire motifs and fabric treatments that looked like gold leaf from afar. But Saab brought the collection back down to the ground with dresses in solid fabrics, too, which he decorated with the same expert hand he applied to the other breezy fabrics that floated down the runway.
Karl Lagerfeld thew a gardern party for Chanel’s Fall 2012 Couture show. It took place in Paris’s Grand Palais and was complete with plates of macarons, a ceiling painted to resemble the sky, bushes of camellia flowers, and rows of wicker chairs. The theme of the show was, “new vintage.” It paid homage to Chanel’s design history–Lagerfeld freshened up Coco Chanel’s classic tweed jackets by adding tulle to their hems and wrists. Other versions of the jacket were clinched at the waist with belts, while paired with flowing skirts and printed pants. The collection’s dresses were equally as stunning. Some used tulle to accentuate the shoulders, while other combined layers of pink ribbon and tulle to create horizontal stripes.
Elephants and donkeys aside, a slew of far more stylish campaign ads have just been released for Fall 2012. Take a look at the stunning array of visuals from the most oustanding fashion houses in the world.
There are two very exciting things to look forward to before the end of the year! It is confirmed that Nordstrom has partnered with Topshop to bring the British brand’s clothing into 14 of its stores throughout the country by September. Each store will set up dedicated spaces for merchandise from Topshop and Topman. In December Neiman Marcus and Target are teaming up to create a Christmas shopping frenzy! Beginning Dec. 1, both retailers will sell a limited collection of merchandise created by two dozen designers that include Oscar de la Renta, Tory Burch, Carolina Herrera and Diane von Furstenberg.
Style essentials are the building blocks of a solid and functional style–they are classic pieces and trend-proof garments. These essentials are staples that are both basic and versatile. Here is a list of what I think solidifies a wardrobe. 1. The Little Black Dress feminine, yet classy. it can be worn to virtually any occasion, although, the best part about the LBD: with the addition of different accessorite, it can look like an entirely new and different outfit.
2. Camel Trench Coat i have always found that neutral hues are the foundation of creating a classic wardrobe. this wear-with-all piece can be worn from day to night. it will always look stylish, yet never fall out of style.
3. Straight Leg Dark Wash Denim dark navy jeans go with absolutely everything. for a day look wear it with a cami, cardigan, and flats. for a night look wear pumps, fancy top, and a blazer.
4. White Blouse there is nothing more versatile as a white button down blouse; however, it is essential that it fits properly. When worn in the workplace, it can give you a polished professional look, yet it can also be paired down by rolling up the sleeves and throwing it over a pair of skinnies.
5. Opaque Black Tights the most classic of accessories that can easily be thrown under your favorite frock to totally transform the look, taking it to an entirely different level.
6. Timeless Cardigan in a fabric like cashmere or wool, the timeless cardigan will wear perfect over everything from a simple tank to the aforementioned blouse. modernize it by investing in a cardigan with embellishments or gold buttons.
8. Ballet Flats an item that every woman should own. whether you plan to sport them day-to-day, or simply wear them to take a break from stilettos, from age nine to ninety-nine, ballet flats are a definite staple for all females.
9. Walking Boots every great wardrobe has a quality pair of boots–they can be worn with jeans, skirts, and can even be used to pair down a dress (see Riding Boots)
10. Basic V-Neck Tee a v-neck tee, especially a white one, should be an absolute must in anybody’s closet–it can be easily dressed up or down, not to mention, it is simple to style and accessorize.