Style essentials are the building blocks of a solid and functional style–they are classic pieces and trend-proof garments. These essentials are staples that are both basic and versatile. Here is a list of what I think solidifies a wardrobe. 1. The Little Black Dress feminine, yet classy. it can be worn to virtually any occasion, although, the best part about the LBD: with the addition of different accessorite, it can look like an entirely new and different outfit.
2. Camel Trench Coat i have always found that neutral hues are the foundation of creating a classic wardrobe. this wear-with-all piece can be worn from day to night. it will always look stylish, yet never fall out of style.
3. Straight Leg Dark Wash Denim dark navy jeans go with absolutely everything. for a day look wear it with a cami, cardigan, and flats. for a night look wear pumps, fancy top, and a blazer.
4. White Blouse there is nothing more versatile as a white button down blouse; however, it is essential that it fits properly. When worn in the workplace, it can give you a polished professional look, yet it can also be paired down by rolling up the sleeves and throwing it over a pair of skinnies.
5. Opaque Black Tights the most classic of accessories that can easily be thrown under your favorite frock to totally transform the look, taking it to an entirely different level.
6. Timeless Cardigan in a fabric like cashmere or wool, the timeless cardigan will wear perfect over everything from a simple tank to the aforementioned blouse. modernize it by investing in a cardigan with embellishments or gold buttons.
8. Ballet Flats an item that every woman should own. whether you plan to sport them day-to-day, or simply wear them to take a break from stilettos, from age nine to ninety-nine, ballet flats are a definite staple for all females.
9. Walking Boots every great wardrobe has a quality pair of boots–they can be worn with jeans, skirts, and can even be used to pair down a dress (see Riding Boots)
10. Basic V-Neck Tee a v-neck tee, especially a white one, should be an absolute must in anybody’s closet–it can be easily dressed up or down, not to mention, it is simple to style and accessorize.
Summer calls upon colorful, cool silhouettes, and I’m quite taken with pastel at the moment. I have never imagined that pastels could feel so chic, but the pretty tones have been spotted on the runways at Phillip Lim and Louis Vuitton. The soft hues are feeling much more fashion-friendly — especially when you consider the latest looks from our favorite style setters. In gorgeous mint greens, pale blues, and muted pinks, the fashion crowd is quickly making a case to embrace the fresh hues on, well, practically anything.
This spring is all about bright colors, especially yellow! This isn’t the easiest trend to embrace, so if you’re not comfortable donning a yellow frock, then try a more subtle pop of color, such as a yellow bracelet! There is no need go overboard with this trend, one or two yellow pieces is all you need!
ASOS – Finders Keepers Dress. ASOS – Mini Dress. Alice + Olivia – Lass Cold Shoulder Dress. ASOS – Pencil Dress. Valentino – Bow d’Orsay Pump. Tory Burch – Reva Flat. Michael Kors – Photo Key Fob. Hermes – Clic H. J.Crew – Orbit Necklace. Tiffany and Co. – Elsa Peretti Open Heart Earrings.
ASOS is an online-only department store based in the UK. It caters to men and women throughout the world. They sell various European brands, including their own label. I am a huge ASOS fan, apparently so are the starlets above! I just received this dress the other day. They have apparel for all and any occasion and they are all very reasonably priced, not to mention the best part, free shipping both ways! Check it out and see what you think!
This fall’s hand bag trend is the vintage satchel. It’s an adorable throwback that coincides with the Present Day Polished, clean lines and structured trend as well as leaving some reminiscent of the 70s!
On a recent rendezvous to the mall I noticed that deep purples are going to be all the rage this fall. From burgundy to bordeaux and purple to plum, one thing is for sure – you can’t get enough of this color for the upcoming season! The biggest perk – it looks great on all skin tones and can be worn by all ages. Although it’s a splurge, I could resist to acknowledge this beautiful bordeaux scoop neck Temperley London dress. The gold beading and piping on the fitted silhouette make this gown one-of-a-kind. Their attention to detail is what makes Temperley London one of my favorite brands – everything they create is irresistibly whimsical! What are your thoughts – will you be spotted in bordeaux this fall?